GS. Pillay & Sons Charitable and Educational Trust, one of the finest in education and teaching is strategically placed in the rural area of Nagapattinam District, and since 1981 has established itself firmly in the fields of Technical Education i.e., Engineering, Pharmacy, Education, Arts and Science. Edayathangudy G.S. Pillay Arts & Science College was established in the year 1996.
The motto of the founder was “To make every man a success and no man a failure”. Edayathangudy G.S. Pillay Arts & Science College is approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu and is affiliated to the Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli. It offers 13 Under Graduate, 10 Post Graduate courses, 8 M.Phil., Programmes and 3 Ph.D., Programmes. It is spread over nearly 6.87 acres. It has well-equipped laboratories. There are 229 faculty members, 29 Technical Staff and 25 Non-Teaching Staff with student strength of 5046.
A number of scholarships are available for students. The gender ratio of men and women among the employees works out to be 1 : 2 and the teacher student ratio is 1 : 24.
Edayathangudy G.S. Pillay Arts & Science College Placement Services plays a vital role in conducting Placement Mela to facilitate the students to choose their jobs. The cell has organized many Career Development Programmes, Oncampus and Off Campus interviews. The cell is venturing forth and works tirelessly to place all our students.
The Alumni Association is functioning very actively in this college. It has various activities which will eventually prove beneficial to the alumni. The Parents Teachers meetings are also conducted every year. This meet is very helpful to the Management to get a correct feedback from them on the issues like curricular aspects, teaching learning process and infrastructure facilities. They are also free to express and record their impressions on the teachers and the academic performance of their wards.
In a nutshell Edayathangudy G.S. Pillay Arts & Science College is a marvelous institution which caters to the growing demands of the rural students in this area.
Vission and Mission
- To impart knowledge to rural youth to enhance their skills in order to make them meet their intellectual and social aspirations and also to become self-reliant, purposeful and useful citizens of the world.
- To strive to be the lead college among the degree colleges in terms of providing education, excellence and enlighten its students while continuing to meet its social commitments.
- To equip the students with knowledge, emotional stability and complete personality development.
- To give confidence and winning edge in the present Global context and make modern education relevant to real life.
- To expose students to rural realities.
Click to Download HR Policy