The training and Placement cell provides excellent training to the students of EGSPASC to get better employment. It also offers coaching to get through the competitive examinations in order to get their ambitious jobs at government sector. In order to provide more assistance to the students, respective department are also conducting awareness program and coaching for benefit of their students.
1. To ignite the spirit of competition
2. To acquaint the students about the pattern of these exams
3. To inculcate the strategies and ideas to be used in exams
4. To boost the confidence of the students
5. Enhance the personality of students.
1. Students are guided for various competitive exams like Civil Service examinations, NET, TNPSC, TNSET etc.
2. Coordinator will be appointed by the respective department head
3. Teachers of various subjects teach the required classes
4. If necessary guest faculties are requested to visit and to train the students in the above said areas.
1. Students were provided coaching based on the syllabi.
2. Special classes have been scheduled during vacations
3. Special training will be given for time management and short cuts.
4. Solving previous year question papers
The college has a well-equipped language lab which facilitates students to acquire efficiency in soft skills and gives proper training to eradicate the complexities of speaking English. It also helps in improving the skills of students who have poor communication skills.
1. Language lab is equipped with computers along with headphones
2. Classes on communication skills, soft skills, personality development are conducted
3. Guest lecture on soft skills are organized
Annual Follow Up:
As an example for follow up action, course conducted by the department of Computer science is cited here.
In the academic year 2015 – 2016, the department of computer science conducted soft skill development course between 05.03.2016 and 02.04.2016. it has been planned with 12 sessions like
(i) Understanding the communicative environment
(ii) What to listen for
(iii) Starting and sustaining a conversation
(iv) What to present and how
(v) Multimedia presentation
(vi) Communication styles in group
(vii) Visual perception,, body languages
(viii) Managing time
(ix) Applying soft skills to workplace
(x) Building relationships
41 students had been participated in this course. Feedback had been collected from all the participants and certificate was issued to all of them.
E.G.S Pillay Arts & Science College,
Old Nagore Road,Thethi
Nagapattinam - 611002,